Friday, July 08, 2005

After Toronto, Niagara

We left Toronto in the Hire car and drove to Dundas (South of Toronto) to meet Aunt Tafila and Erwin. We ate well (Thank-you!).
Our first day with them was spent looking at things local to Dundas, specifically, some water falls and parks and stuff. After a thorough geography lesson we went to see some horses that Erwin's sister keeps. There were a few foals there - quite cute.

< At Websters Falls near Dundas.



<Hossies!

The next day, we went to Niagara Falls. It's huge, and the power of the water is amazing. The river there is very fast flowing, and there is an enormous amount of water pouring over the falls. We had a trip on Maid of the Mist (the boat that goes to the base of the falls). Afterwards, we bought tacky souveneirs (Rae will like!).
We drove along the Niagara Parkway and found the cablecar over the river, then went for tea in a Vinyard. very good food.







< Of course the kids were very impressed by Niagara


Today we are in Kingston, halfway between Toronto and Ottawa. We will spend the day here looking around and drive to Ottawa (the capital city) in the afternoon and evening. There are lots of boat tours and things to do here, so I'm sure that we'll find some interesting stuff to do.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waw! I am so jealous! Looks like you are having a fantastic time! Niagra falls looks breath taking and I hope you bought a nice postcard for Canadian Tim. I got my today, thanks.

After much thought I have eventually booked my flights and I am off to Austria in 4 weeks to see Katrin and, of course, a certain Czech girl :o) I can't wait! However I need to study German big time before I go :o(

btw have you tried pancakes with all the different kinds of syrup? Maple is my favourite, mmmmmm,

Have fun!

Kev.

08:50  
Anonymous Karen said...

Hello Kev,

Niagra was impressive. We're in a gorgeous hotel in Kingston at the mo with a 4 poster bed. Better get up actually as we need to ckek out in 90 mins. Glad you got some postcards. Will bring you back some maple syrup.

Karen and Tim x

10:30  
Anonymous Jane said...

Hi, all five, Niagra certainly looks wonderful, amazing. Things are fine here, this is Rae's weekend away to exotic Blackpool for Jan's hen weekend. The weather is great here so they should have a fun time. I hope they're okay when they hit the pleasure beach after the drinks on the mini bus on the way! Anyway, can't chat all day - time to get back to my exciting day - finishing the ironing and then painting the kitchen to freshen it up - and not feeling at all jealous of you on holiday in Canada. Lots and lots of hugs and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

04:08  
Anonymous jane said...

Hi, Karen, Remember you asked me to check the newspapers for the graduations - I don't know Nicola's married name. Lots of love mum

16:00  
Anonymous Rae said...

Hey sis and Tim, All the photos look great, the photo of niagra falls looks amazing! Thats defo one place I want to go to in my life! As for the tacky memrobelia(is that how spell it?) the tackier the better!
I cant believe you both lay on that see through window at the CN Tower, you maniacs!!! I would peer over but I wouldn't lie on it!
Not much happening here, I'm nightshift at the mo and suffering toothache at times, need this bloody filling! Also Jans hen night in Blackpool was really good and just a great cheesy night out. Looking forward to see you five on Sunday, lots of love, Rae XXXXX

20:44  
Anonymous Gran Miller said...

Hello both of you, Hope you are well. Toronto looks wonderful. Come home safe and sound.

13:42  
Anonymous Gran Miller said...

Hello both of you, Hope you are well. Toronto looks wonderful. Come home safe and sound.

13:42  
Anonymous Gran Miller said...

Hello both of you, Hope you are well. Toronto looks wonderful. Come home safe and sound.

13:42  
Anonymous Gran Miller said...

Hello both of you, Hope you are well. Toronto looks wonderful. Come home safe and sound.

13:42  
Anonymous Gran Miller said...

Just wish I was 60 years younger.

13:43  

<< Home